Tire DOT Code Decoder: How to Integrate it into your Tire Management System
One of the biggest considerations for fleet managers is the need for effective management of commercial and passenger vehicle performance. A loss of traction from worn tires, or issues created by low tire pressure, can add costs for each mile driven.
However, tracking individual tires and their usage throughout their entire lifecycle is a challenge. The main reason behind this is twofold. Firstly, it can be difficult to identify tires individually. Secondly, manual collection of data can also be overwhelming. By using a DOT code decoder it’s possible for service partners and technicians to more easily automate the collection of tire data.
2. Why you should automate DOT collection
It’s very time-consuming to collect DOT codes by hand, and there is a significant chance that human error will lead to some being recorded incorrectly. With a DOT code decoder, you can collect everything you need on all four tires with an average time of under a minute. There’s no chance of errors that way, and you’ll have a better sense of security when you know you aren’t being faced with recording and transcription concerns caused by manual DOT information and input.
3. The benefits of a DOT code decoder for tire management
Automation has tremendous advantages when it comes to the collection of DOT information. These advantages include:
- Accurate tire status – from an individual vehicle to a fleet, it’s easy and convenient to track everything and get updates on the condition of tires.
- Good control of maintenance costs – by scanning tire codes on a regular basis and integrating the data into a management system it’s easier to track expenses.
- Time-saving value – a tire management system through a mobile solution such as Anyline makes it faster to collect information and store it for the future.