How to digitize Fleet Management Processes
The increased use of data-rich software solutions to help drive forward the digitization of fleet management processes is more than just a contemporary trend. The digital transformation of this sector is in full swing, with new software solutions that can digitize and automate a variety of business processes appearing all the time.
At the same time, the range of tasks that a modern fleet manager has to handle as well is also growing. Having the ability to capture data using mobile scanning technology can streamline many of these processes, while enabling fleet managers to take their business to the next level of digitization.
Challenges of Modern Fleet Managers
Today’s fleet managers are confronted with a multitude of tasks and responsibilities, such as:
- Management of the vehicle fleet,
- Mobility management,
- Allocation, reservation and handover of vehicles,
- Monitoring of vehicle safety checks,
- Tire management for commercial vehicle performance,
- Commissioning the maintenance and repair of vehicles,
- Monitoring of insurance companies,
- Checking of driver’s licenses,
- Leasing or buying and selling vehicles and
- Administrative tasks related to new electric vehicles & charging stations.
Automated processes and digitized recordings of these activities and tasks are already taking place, but many businesses are still facing huge gaps in regards to the gathering and processing of their data.
A large amount of data must still be entered manually for further processing in digital tools and business backends, for example for vehicle inspections, customer registration, parking management and fleet management.